With the New Year just starting, yearly resolutions and goals emerge. For most people things like working out, and eating healthier come at the top of the list.
However, for parents with children on the spectrum, priorities can be way too different and so can be the goals.
Today, we want to help you make the most out of 2020, hence we created a list of the “real” New Years Eve resolutions that every parent on the spectrum really needs!
Top 5 New Years Resolutions For ASD Mommies
- Stop Blaming Yourself: As a mother on the spectrum, it is always easy to compare yourself to other moms and feel like you are never doing enough Remember, comparison is a thief of joy and comparing your journey to somebody else´s will only make you feel miserable. Instead, acknowledge the fact that you are always pursuing what is best for your beautiful child and family, and feel proud of all the incredible memories that you have built together. So next time that you find yourself wondering if your efforts are sufficient or not, remember; You are enough!
- Build Community: Up to 80% of ASD mommies admit that they have felt lonely at some point in their journeys. Building a strong community around you should be one of the your main goals this year, for it will ensure that you feel supported and accepted. Many times, having friendships with other mommies on the spectrum can prove to be bigger support than other family members. The reason; because they are living the exact thing that you are. Additionally, it can represent an inclusive friendship circle for your child. Looking for support groups in your area, and even on Facebook is a great way to get started and accomplish your goal to build community this 2020! We have a community of more than a thousand moms who support each other. You can also join the and be a part of an autism support community!
- Celebrate Each Milestone: Celebrating each accomplishment should be a lifestyle! Party around that tiny step, dance like crazy for that new word, sing a song for that new food that your child tried! Each achievement of your child, no matter big or small, deserves acknowledgement and recognition. And the same goes for you! Celebrate yourself and give yourself credit for all the amazing things you do.
- Do More of What You Love: As a mother, it is always easy to forget about your desires and put everyone else´s first, but practicing more of your favorite activities is key for your mental health. Get a massage, visit that friend, buy flowers, or get a Pedi appointment, anything that makes you feel happy. Remember, even an hour for yourself a week can make the whole difference in your mood and overall wellbeing.
- Embrace Your Child: Embrace your current season and take the steadfast decision to enjoy time spent with your child! Treasure each moment and let yourself go in the moment. Remember, your child will grow and accomplish his/her goals, and the best thing you can do is seize the moment you are in right now!
We believe that 2020 is a year where you will accomplish everything you set your mind to! May you find yourself stronger, happier, and overall knowledge that you are capable of achieving everything you set your mind into because you deserve it!
At WSCC, we offer support for autistic families and their children with Stem Cell Therapy treatments that can transform autistic conditions by healing the gut, decreasing inflammation and improving brain function. We also created an on Facebook that is destined to offer support and companionship for ASD parents and their families on their journey.
Remember, you are not alone!