Nowadays, the word detox has gained profound popularity. Metal detox, caffeine detox, and even social media detox are common among us. Although it might seem extreme to some, the reality behind our need for detoxing lies in the fact that our food is not the same as it used to be 100 years ago, not even 20.
Chemical, toxins, and even metals are present in the food that we consume daily and it affects us more than we realize. Things like brain fog exhaustion, gut issues, and even depression can be eased with the right detox procedures.
Today we will analyze how to implement a safe autism detoxification protocol into your child’s life.
Where Do Toxins Come From?
You might think that eating an organic diet is enough to keep your child and yourself away from toxins, but the reality is that it is not enough.
We live in a world that is filled with toxicity. Our water, plants and air are filled with pollution that affects our body process. Even the little things in our life like mattresses, body fragrances, toys, and cookware are filled with chemicals and toxins that affect us more than we realize.
The Need For Detox In Autism
Most children on the spectrum suffer from impaired immune systems, and guts. This makes them even more susceptible to toxins in their bodies.
These toxins affect their biological and biochemical cycles thus increasing autistic behaviors and worsening the symptomatology.
The Goal Of Detox
Although the main goal of detoxing is the reduction of autism symptomatology detoxification can also be a great way to get rid of common autistic challenges such as:
- Nutritional deficiencies (Vitamins and minerals).
- Gut issues.
- Body burdens caused by metals.
The Safe Detox Protocol For Autism
In spite of the fact that detoxing for autism can sound overwhelming and hard to attain, it is possible to obtain incredible results by making simple changes in your life!
1.- Less is More: A good way to get started with eliminating unnecessary toxins from your child’s life is to check out your cleaning items and look for simpler choices. Cleaning your bathrooms and floors with organic white vinegar is an amazing way to get rid of bacterias without adding harmful substances to your floor and surfaces. Using coconut oil soap during the shower, washing your teeth with baking soda, and using organic coconut oil as moisturizer are great ways to eliminate unnecessary toxins from your cleaning routines. Find out ways to make your own cleaning products by clicking
2.- Right Nutrition: Detox processes take place mainly in your child’s gut. This is one of the top reasons why nutrition is the key to supporting his/her natural detox processes. Feeding your child with sulfur packed veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, and kale can help eliminate unnecessary chemicals and toxins. Increasing your child’s probiotic intake is also a must, for it eliminates bad bacterias and increases the growth of good ones. Foods like yogurt, kimchi, and kefir are great sources of probiotics that are child approved.
3.- Right Supplementation: Since most autistic children suffer from sensory issues, food can be a challenge for them, thus manifesting itself, in many cases, as nutritional deficiencies The following supplements are the most commonly used for Autistic conditions, however, we recommend medical advice over the specific quantities recommended for your child.
- Calcium: If your child is under a dairy-free diet, calcium intake in the form of supplement is a must.
- GSH: GSH is a tripeptide composed of three amino acids: cysteine, glycine, and glutamic acid. As a dietary supplement, it is used as an antioxidant to protect the body from toxins and toxic metals. ***
- DMG/TMG: Their intake supports the production of hormones, antibodies, neurotransmitters, amino acids, and other essential substances in the body. In ASD children, it helps improve speech/communication abilities.
- Enzymes: Digestive enzymes are necessary to enhance digestive processes and increase the number of good bacteria in the GI tract.
- Probiotics: Aside from enzymes, probiotics are a great way to improve the immune system and GI functioning.
- Magnesium and Melatonin: Most ASD children battle with staying asleep, so magnesium and melatonin are incredible ways to help them improve their sleep quality and quantity.
- Glutathione: Helps detoxification and reduces oxidative stress.
- Carnitine: Increases energy and decreases autistic symptomatology.
- NADH (B3) and Ribose: Improves sleep, relaxation, and eases oxidative stress.
-The following vitamins and minerals are also great choices when it comes to ASD supplementation:
- Vitamin A: Enhances the immune system functioning, suppresses viruses, and improves thyroidal conditions.
- Vitamin B6: Helps with detoxification, and enhances cerebral functioning neurotransmitters.
- Vitamin C: Boosts the immune system, and helps in the detox process.
- Vitamin D3 and Vitamin E: Improves calcium absorption, anti-inflammatory (great for gut issues), and boosts the immune system.
- Zinc: Increases appetite and aids the immune system.
4.- Water: 20 years ago, nobody would ever guess that not all purified waters are the same, and when it comes to autism this can make a tremendous difference. Fiji water is a great option for ASD families for it enhances the body‘s natural way of eliminating aluminum, a highly present metal in autistic child’s brain.
The reason for it is that Fiji water contains silica that can cross the blood barriers and eliminates bind aluminum in the brain.
5.- Detox Bathing: Since many of the toxins that we receive are taken through our external body, thus the skin is also a good way to get rid of them. Epson salts and bentonite clay are ancient ways to eliminate toxins during bath time in a safe-healthy way. We encourage you to do this at least twice a week to gently eliminate toxins from your child’s body.
Although these are all-natural ways to bring a healthy detox process into your child’s life, we highly encourage you to visit your family doctor before taking detoxing far from natural ways.
The goal of this article is to provide you with an overview of the most utilized detox procedures and supplements for children with autism so that you can further work with your child’s doctor to determine the best treatment approach. Remember, with patience and effort you will see your child achieving great results!
At WSCC, we offer support for autistic families and their children with Stem Cell Therapy treatments that can transform autistic conditions by healing the gut, decreasing inflammation and improving brain function. We also created an on Facebook that is destined to offer support and companionship for ASD parents and their families on their journey.
Remember, you are not alone!